Cake Terms & Conditions
1. Your initial deposit reserves your event date and is non-refundable. Your deposit must be paid within 5 days of your invoice being sent, and your booking is not secured until a deposit has been received. If we do not receive your deposit within 5 days of your invoice being sent, we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
2. We must receive the balance a maximum of two weeks prior to your event, or contract is null and void and your deposit will not be refunded.
3. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavours of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
4. Costs for delivery and setup is dependent on the location of the venue and will be stipulated in the final price.
5. We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 23 degrees celsius or below. We do not recommend placing tiered cakes on standard cake stands as these are generally not manufactured to hold the weight of a tiered cake.
6. If flowers are provided by an outside source, we will wrap and attach them to the cake. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
7. If you or your representative elects to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves our possession.
8. On occasion we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
9. Our products may contain or come into contact with dairy, eggs, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and we assume no responsibility for allergic reactions.
10. Performance of this agreement is contingent upon our ability to complete the Agreement and is subject to labour disputes or strikes, accidents, illness, pandemics, Acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.
11. Should we need to cancel your booking, we will refund your payments and will attempt to find another local decorator to take on the booking.
12. Should you need to cancel your booking, the following schedule applies:
Over four weeks' notice: you forfeit your 50% deposit as well as any charges for custom toppers, cutters and other equipment that has been purchased specifically for your order. Any other payments made will be refunded to you.
One-four weeks' notice: you forfeit your 50% deposit as well as any charges for custom toppers, cutters and other equipment that has been purchased specifically for your order. Any remaining payments made will be held as a credit and will be available to use for up to 2 years after your original event date.
Less than one weeks' notice: you forfeit all payments made and no reimbursement for custom toppers, cutters or other equipment will be made.
Rescheduling of orders is subject to availability and is at the discretion of Treat Bakeshop.